You can never go wrong with this quintessential British decoration … An excellent way to brighten up any area!! And a perfect sewing machine project to use up those remnants of beautiful fabric that we refuse to throw away!!
1. Cut an elongated triangular template from card.
2. Place the template onto the chosen fabrics and draw around it (rotating to get the triangles as close to each other as possible) and cut out.
3. Place 2 pieces of fabric together (right sides facing) and, using your sewing machine, sew a 1cm seam down one long side and stop. Keep the needle down in the fabric, turn and sew up the other long side. (Do not sew top side)
4. Continue step 3 for all triangles and then turn fabric right sides out and press.
5. Cut a ribbon, strip of fabric or bias binding to the desired length, fold in half lengthways and press.
6. Slot the fabric triangles into the ribbon at equal distances from each other (leaving a 10cm gap at each end) and pin.
7. Using a sewing machine, sew a straight stitch the full length of the ribbon (the needle must go through both triangles and both sides of the ribbon).
8. At each end, fold the 10cm remaining ribbon in half and sew securely to the triangle, this creates your loop to hang from, and creates a neat finish. Finally press and your bunting is complete.