Q: Why are my sewing machine tension?
Are you having trouble with your tension when using a sewing machine. Here’s a few possible causes and solutions to help you on your way.
- Different threads used on top & bobbin
- Threads stuck in tension discs, or they are dirty
- Threads wrapped around bobbin case or caught in race hole.
- Stitch tensions getting worse
- Top threads show on under surface or bottom threads show on top of work.
- Use same thread top & bottom
- Take machine for service or clean carefully with white spirit on lint free cloth.
- Remove bobbin and clean all carefully.
- Take machine to service engineer for timing adjustment.
- Adjust tensions according to manual.