Overlock Quick Guide: Preparing, threading and sewing.
- Extend the telescopic thread stand to its full height and turn it until the shaft clicks into its locked position
- Open the front & side cover as shown in diagram below.
- Push the cover to the right as far as it will go
- Pull cover down towards you
- Push cover to the left to unlock, and swing cover back away from you
**NB. When threading the machine from the beginning, threading must be carried out in the following sequence:
First: Lower looper threading Second: Upper looper threading Finally: Needle threading
- Lower looper threading:
- Upper looper threading:
- Needle threading:
- Connect foot controller and power cord
- When the threads are not wound around the stitch finger, gently draw out the four threads under and behind the presser foot.
- Turn the hand wheel towards you by hand two or three times to make the thread wind on to the needle plate.
- Begin to sew:
- Correct tension: Lower looper thread and upper thread should be well balanced with same tension. (Both looper threads should make crosses at the edge of the fabric.)
- End sewing. Draw the finished fabric gently backwards and to the left as the machine is operating and making chain stitches. This is callled chain stitch sewing.