Whether you’re a learner or an expert, these things can happen to all of us at some point within our sewing lifetime. However, it’s usually easily solved & fixed…Check out our points below that may help solve a) why it happened in the first place and b) how to help prevent it in the future!!
This may be because the:
- Needle is incorrectly installed
- The needle clamp screw is loose
- The needle is too fine for the cloth
- The tension of the upper thread is too tight
- The fabric is being pulled too strongly
- The bobbin case is not in the correct position
You could fix this by:
- Installing the needle correctly
- Firmly tightening the screw
- Checking you are using a needle appropriate to the fabric
- Adjusting the thread tension
- Checking you are not pulling the fabric too strongly
- Ensuring the bobbin case is in the correct position
If you need help on doing any of the above, refer to your Instruction Manual or download one here.
If you have any more advice to add to this, would like any more help or simply want to share your experience … come and visit our Facebook page and let us know your thoughts!!