Out of all the faults that may happen to you whilst sewing, this may well be the most frustrating: when it just won’t sew!! The noise and the sudden stubbornness of the machine acting like a tantrum toddler often make us think it is something severe & expensive to fix. However, the chances are, you will avoid this problem if you take care of your machine by cleaning regularly and here is a basic rundown of why it may happen, and ways to prevent or resolve it if it does …
This may be because the:
- The machine is not turned on properly
- Thread is tangled in the hook
- A broken needle is hiding in the hook
You could fix this by:
- Turning the machine off and on
- Ensuring the power plug is connected properly
- Cleaning the hook
- Taking out the bobbin & removed any trapped thread
If you need help on doing any of the above, refer to your Instruction Manual or download one here.
If you have any more advice to add to this, would like any more help or simply want to share your experience … come and visit our Facebook page and let us know your thoughts!!